OK, so it has been months since I have made a real blog post but I have finally found something worth blogging about. Well I tore my ACL playing basketball on December 17 2009, and this was the beginning of long painful process. So on January 4, 2010 I had ACL reconstruction surgery and meniscus repair by Dr. Donavan Nelson at Central Utah Clinic in Provo and everything went well. So I was really discouraged in the beginning because I hadnt made any progress in my first 2 weeks post p and the swelling wouldnt go down, so I went to the Doc to let them know and I ended up getting 90 ML of blood and almost instantly it felt better and I had over 40 degrees more bend in my knee. So as of today I have 130 degrees of bend in my knee and rehab is coming along pretty well.
I am now waling without crutches and today I went for a walk around the mall. It's kind of weird cause the muscles in my left leg have all shrunk and I get really tired after a 10 minute walk but thats ok cause I should be good to go within another month. I do my own little rehab at home on days that I dont have Physical Therapy scheduled and it seems to be working out since I am making positive progress when the Therapist see me. So I will continue to push myself and hopefully I will be running some races by the end of the year!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment