So this weekend was kind of a bummer and it was cool all in the same. I had drill this weekend (2 more drills left I think) and it started on Friday and for the ost part I did nothing, my replacement was going around trying to get stuff squared away, he's been a Nurse for 10 years, in the Army for 18 years and he seems like a good guy. So I'm happy the Medical Section is getting a guy of his caliber. So after Friday drill was over I drove to Amy's Grandparents house to get some sleep cause I had a early Saturday scheduled. I got to their house, ate and attempted to get some sleep. I ended up getting about 2 hours of sleep that night, I just couldn't sleep for some reason.
So 4:45 am on Saturday morning arrived very quickly, so I got up cleaned up and headed down to the Utah State Examiners Office to get my hands dirty. So we got there and got the briefing from one of the nurses, she informed us that we had 6 bodies to do today and the goal is to get in, get them done and get out of here, since they dont get paid overtime, they don't want to be there any longer than they need to be. I'm not going to go through every single case we had cause it I did I would be typing for a very long time. We did Autopies on 2 suicide victims, 1 overdose, 1 Natural death and 2 heart attacks. The other guy didn't necessarily get an autopsy, he had been decomposing in his apartment for, what the doc says about 16 days, when he was found he had the heater on full blast and had just went shopping prior to his death, so needless to say it wasn't the most pleasant aroma I have ever smelled. After examining him the Doc said he most likely died of natural causes also.
After that I got to watch one of the heart attack victims corneas being cut out and preserved for donation and also her legs and arms were taken for donation.
After this we did CPR training where I was certified for 2 years.
On Sunday I sat in briefings and and did NCOER's all day, can anyone say BORING!!!!!
After that I drove up to another 70 miles out of my way to watch the Super Bowl and attend my sons Birthday Party, honestly if his party wasnt happening, I would have just driven the 15 10 miles to my house, did a little studying and went to sleep, but I got some good food and got to watch the game.
So that was my weekend and I will say I could have been awesome it I just did what I did on Saturday ad my sons Party.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment